Saturday, 21 March 2009

should I have???

this is something I've been thinking about all night, on way home i saw a lad aged about 11 sat on side of the road crying, i walked past didn't even stop to ask if he was OK. Why you ask, well earlier i heard about someone who did stop to help a crying child, he was arrested (someone phoned the police to say that they saw a man with a crying child) and even though the police found that the man was innocent, the people he worked for/and with took the attitude that there's no smoke without fire and he was sacked, he's spend over a year without a job because no one wants to give a job " to that sort of person" So I walked passed not quite on the other side of the street

5 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Oof! That's a tough one. It's easier for me, as a woman to help out a child inn distress. In this day and age of adults who are afraid of friggin' everything, I think as a man I would just mind my own business.

Mr. Urs said...

So one has to call the police first to tell them that there is a bairn crying and if it is o.k. with them if one asked him if he need some help? And I thought the new photo rules over there were weird.

Ryan said...

thats sad really that a person has to worry about stopping to lend a hand to a crying child. that one has to worry about what others will think and the police might think just right down sad.

Anonymous said...

Yes its a tough call. He may've got lost, parted from his parents or something. I may've taken the risk myself, but unless I was in that exact situation, I couldn't be certain what I would've done.

Too many people are afraid to help a child simply because of the media hysteria that this nation has been placed into.

Child protection legislation doesn't actually protect children at all! It protects adults and organisations from being sued for anything.

wallee said...

Hey it's wallee thanks for stoppin in on my blog i am going to find out more about a gay blood drive
wallee